XLR connection

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      smark67
      Participant

Hi there,

type Indias it possible to connect the Jamboxx pro via XLR or line in to a mixer connected to the PC?

Thanks,

Mark

smark67
      Participant

Hi again,

I use speech software which sometimes goes wrong. 🙂 What I meant to say was “Is it possible to connect the Jamboxx Pro via XLR…” 🙂

thanks,

Mark

Dwight Cheu
      Keymaster

Hi Mark: the Jamboxx Pro is a MIDI instrument and send digital MIDI data via the USB cable.

An XLR connection is typically for an audio connection, say a microphone, guitar or an electronic piano, which typically sends an analog audio wave.

So unless you had a device to translate the digital MIDI data to an analog audio signal an XLR connection would not work. Note, I’m assuming you’re referring to XLR and not a round MIDI 5 pin connector.

Here’s an article about MIDI to Analog conversion. https://www.midi.org/articles-old/the-top-5-midi-to-cv-converters-in-2018

Note for most of these devices you’d also need an adapter to go from USB-A to 5 pin MIDI, which are pretty common. And on the output side a RCA to XLR adapter, again pretty common.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Jamboxx