- This topic is empty.
- January 7, 2020 at 4:01 pm #80841Dwight CheuKeymaster
January 7th, 2020.
While the Jamboxx application comes with 42 standard instruments, we often get requests for even more, say the Dulcimer, a specific type of guitar, the Contrabassoon or the Irish Harp.
Now with the the new Jamboxx custom instrument feature you can add any instrument in soundfont format (.SF2 or .SF3) to your instrument list.
See below for instructions in using this new feature!
Once a new instrument is loaded into the Jamboxx application its available in all three modes: Play, Learn and Jam (advanced only) as well as within any preset you configure.
There are also advanced functions to set the MIDI Program and the MIDI Bank for each instrument.
2. Download new instruments in .SF2 or .SF3 format to your computer/mobile device. Here are some free sites with soundfont-based instruments:
Or skip the download and provide a URL that points to a soundfont file during Jamboxx instrument setup.
3. Launch the Jamboxx application and go to SETUP > INSTRUMENTS3a. Click on the View All Advanced text. This is a one-time setup step and only required for Android / Chromebook.
3b. Click on Factory Reset (only needed for Android / Chromebook users)
4. Click on Add Instrument. You’ll be prompted to upload a soundfont file (.SF2 or .SF3) or type in a URL that points to a sound font file.5. Once uploaded you can name your instrument and also choose a icon for that instrument5. That’s it. Your new instruments will be at the end of the instruments list in all modes: Play, Learn and Jam (advanced only)Enjoy!
You must be logged in to access attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.